This Week in Worship
Sunday, June 26 @ 10:30 am in the Parish Hall — Summer Services Begin
Worship Leader: Myrtle Flight
A former practicing lawyer, Myrtle will investigate the broad topic of justice.
No children’s programming and no nursery care June 26 – September 4.
News and Announcements
General Assembly, Columbus, Ohio June 22 – June 26
Dave Egan and Leslie Macpherson Artinian are delegates from First Parish Milton to GA. You have an opportunity to watch live when there are events in the session hall. Check out http://www.uua.org/ga/off-site/watching on the UUA website for all the technical details. You may find also find sightings of Rev. Hank Peirce and Kiki Giatis
First Parish Milton ~ Summer Services 2016
Services held in the Parish Hall @ 10:30 am
No nursery services are provided during the summer
but you are welcome to bring your child(ren).
- July 3 – Jeff Stoodt ~ “Spiritual Independence Day” – Using Ralph Waldo Emerson, Jeff will investigate the question of whether or not spiritual independence is possible or even desirable.
- July 10 – Jennie Mulqueen ~ “Social Justice and the UU Sabbath”. Jennie is an MDiv student at B.U. and her service will be Part I of the series “Social Justice, Death, and Sex: UU Sermon Series on Sabbath Theology and Practice”
- July 17 – Dave Egan ~ “Our Beloved Community” – Dave is an MDiv student at Andover-Newton and his service will be looking at how we create the beloved community within our congregations… while at the same time reaching out of our comfort zones to help those in need.
- July 24 – Elise Henricks ~ “Walking a Labyrinth” – Elise will lead a discussion and a walk around First Parish’s portable labyrinth.
- July 31 – Rev. Hank Peirce ~ “Endings”. This will be Rev. Hank’s final service as interim minister at First Parish.
- August 7 – Erica Long ~ “We Are Lonely” Erica, a recent graduate of Harvard Divinity School and ordination- track UU describes her service this way: “Loneliness has a way of creeping into our lives no matter where we are or how many people we have around us. Together, let’s explore loneliness, acknowledging that it is an active agent in our spiritual lives.”
- August 14 – Matt Weinstein ~ “The Game” An ordination-track, second-year MDiv student at Harvard Divinity School, Matt will explain how a simple child’s game could help you live the life you want to live.
- August 21 – Mallory and Diana Digges ~ Israel, Palestine and the spiritual aspects of UU activism
- August 28 – Leslie MacPherson Artinian ~ “A Very Good Friday” – Leslie is the Chair of the Worship Committee at First Parish. Her service will investigate the issue of topic of “holy days” and weeks. She asks: Our roots are Christian, so what does that mean for UUs?
- September 4 (Labor Day weekend) – Rev. Patty Hatch ~ “Gathering Coconuts” Rev. Patricia Hatch is the Minister of Christian Education at First Parish of Westwood, UCC. In her service, she will answer the question: How is practicing mindfulness similar to gathering coconuts? Rev. Patricia will invite you to reflect on mindfulness and to experience mindful practices during the worship service.
Fiscal Year 2016 ends June 30, 2016
Just to remind you of – and thank you again for – the pledge you made to First Parish for 2015-2016. Pledges are a significant source of income, so we hope that you can pay any outstanding balance by June 30, 2016.
The Link will continue to be sent out weekly via email.
Written announcements for the Sunday service
are discontinued until September 11.
Office Hours: 10:30 – 2:00 Monday – Thursday
Office Closed: June 27, July 4, July 20
No staff on-site Sundays
If you are planning to visit a staff member, please call ahead to make sure the person you want to see is available.
Follow First Parish on Facebook and get updates, poems, announcements and more. You’ll be glad you did!
Worship, 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
Silent Prayer & Meditation, 9:00am in the Children’s Church
THE SUNDAY PLANNER
Please consider volunteering for important Sunday worship positions like ushering, hosting social hour, providing flowers for worship, and lighting the chalice. Sign Up Here!