This Week in Worship
Sunday, June 22, 2014
10:30am SUMMER WORSHIP
Beginning Sunday, June 29, 2014, Summer Worship will be held from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. in the Parish Hall.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
10:30 a.m. – Worship with Parisa in the Meetinghouse. If you are willing to greet or usher, please be in the Narthex by 10 am on Sunday.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m. – A get together to bid farwell to Parisa. Bring your memories, good wishes, and party spirit to the event. Let the wonderful group of organizers handle the rest.
Melinda and Harris Collins’ house
170 Hillside Street, Milton (Map)
5-7 pm – Sunday, June 22, 2014
Please note the address, Melinda and Harris moved in December
The menu is simply appetizers and dessert (with healthy snacks for children). There will be a beautiful cake baked by Ursula MacMillan
Please park on one side of Hillside Street, opposite the Collins home. If you have limited mobility, feel free to park in the straight part of the driveway. Passengers may also be dropped off using the circular driveway. Car pooling is a good idea!
Note: Children are very welcome. We’ll have babysitters available.
Need help? – Please call Melinda at 617-696-6052 (home) or 617-852-6389 (cell)
Our regular First Parish photographer (Mark Whall) can’t be with us. Would someone else like to volunteer to take photos at the event? If so, please email Jen Pinkus.
If you haven’t already, please RSVP via the e-vite
See you there!
Sunday, June 22, 2014
RE classes will resume in mid-September.
All children are welcome to attend Summer Worship. Nursery available for children 4 and under.
News and Announcements
Newest Addition to our First Parish Family. We welcome Leona Wynne Sitkoff born June 16, 2014. She is safe and healthy and in Bridget and Nathan’s arms.
We will continue to publish the weekly Link all summer. So even if you are away, you will know what is happening at First Parish. If you have a church related announcement to contribute, please email the office no later than Tuesday at 5 pm.
Reminder – The First Parish fiscal year ends June 30, 2014. Please submit any outstanding pledge amounts due as soon as possible.
Wednesdays evenings and Sunday mornings
Meditation continues every Wednesday evenings at a new time 6:00pm-6:30pm as well as Sunday from 9:00am-9:30am both meet in the Children’s Church. All are welcome to join us and enjoy some peaceful, restful quiet.
- June 22 5 – 7 pm Celebrating Parisa
- June 25-29 UUA General Assembly Providence, RI
- June 29 Summer services begin in the Parish Hall
Summer Office Hours:
- Sunday, June 22 – Wednesday July 2 Hours 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (Sunday – Thursday)
- July 3 – 10 Closed
- Monday, July 14 – Thursday, Aug 28 Hours 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (Sunday – Thursday)
You are welcome to call us other times and leave a voice mail or e-mail us individually. We are happy to arrange a time to meet outside of these scheduled hours. We are each going to take some vacation and work on projects over the summer. Our interim minister, Rev. Hank Peirce arrives in mid-August.
Social media is all about photographs and graphics. We are looking to update our website this summer. We will also be looking for up-to-date photos of the congregation as we begin the search process. If you have pictures you want to share, please email Miriam. If you are willing to take photos during church activities, please let Miriam know that as well.
A handy guide to how YOU can help with the many transitions that are happening at First Parish this season
1). Sign up to teach a Religious Exploration unit in the fall or spring of next year. You can lead a single workshop, sign up for an ongoing class, be a mentor to a youth in Coming of Age, chaperone a youth sleepover. The sky is the limit! We especially need folks who do not currently have kids at home to sign up. There will be sign ups at the picnic on Sunday and a link will follow for online signups.
2) Register your child(ren) for Religious Exploration classes for the coming year. It helps us greatly in planning the number of adults needed as well as which space we’ll use if you sign up early. Look for the RE table at the picnic on Sunday and get those kids signed up for another year of spiritual exploration, fun and fellowship!
3) Be sure you have submitted your financial commitment for the coming fiscal year – which begins July 1. No gift is too big! Or too small!
4) Communicate with the church office early and often about your committee or group’s plans and needs for the coming year, especially important dates that should go on the church calendar – events you want to schedule, meeting dates and times, and big plans you might need office support to carry out. Miriam Febres will be gathering this information.
5) Attend worship and stay connected with your First Parish community over the summer! Sign up to get involved in new projects and initiatives in the fall, and keep up the work of making this community strong and vibrant.
Greeters Needed: Immediate need for next two Sundays, June 22 and June 29 but looking for greeters all summer long. If you have been an usher before, you are likely ready to be a summer greeter. Send an email to Miriam if you can do this for our church community.
GA and Vacation. I will be attending General Assembly in Providence from June 24 – June 29. I will be on vacation from June 30 – July 10. returning on Sunday, July 13.
Key Returns – Please return your key to either Miriam or me if you no longer need it. You may also place it in the gray box outside the office or mail it back. This generally applies to those committee chairs who have just finished their term. If you were issued a key at some point, please check your key ring to make sure it made it back to the church office. Thank you.
During July and August, we plan to do some clean up and purging in the office and around the campus. If you have something you have left behind, check the lost and found box or check where you might have left it. Otherwise, it will either be donated or thrown away.
Follow First Parish on Facebook! “Like” our page www.facebook.com/FirstParishMiltonUu and get updates, poems, announcements and more. You’ll be glad you did!
Worship, 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
Silent Prayer & Meditation, 9:00am in the Children’s Church
THE SUNDAY PLANNER
Please consider volunteering for important Sunday worship positions like ushering, hosting social hour, providing flowers for worship, and lighting the chalice. The link to SignUp Genius is: