This Week in Worship
Sunday, June 15, 2014
10:30am SUMMER WORSHIP
Seeing “I” to “I”
Rev. Parisa Parsa
Music by Joel Hiller, First Parish Singers led by Jennie Mulqueen AND a special selection by Franc Graham and Claudia Wellington
Many of us want to be part of creating a world where difference is celebrated. Yet we’re not quite sure how to approach difference when we encounter it. We have the best of intentions, but sometimes find that the impact of our actions hasn’t quite matched the intent. How can we learn and practice the skills we need to better align our intentions with our impact? How can we build a world where all are free, all are loved, and all are home? Rev. Parisa will share her calling to work on these questions as her next ministry, and we will enjoy a lively worship for all ages.
Children of all ages welcome in the Meetinghouse.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
10:30 a.m. Worship with Parisa in the Meetinghouse.
5 p.m. -7 p.m. – A get together to bid farwell to Parisa at the home of Melinda and Harris Collins. Evite and other informaton about the party has been e-mailed. Please RSVP. Bring your memories, good wishes, and party spirit to the event. Let the wonderful group of organizers handle the rest.
A handy guide to how YOU can help with the many transitions that are happening at First Parish this season:
1) Sign up to teach a Religious Exploration unit in the fall or spring of next year. You can lead a single workshop, sign up for an ongoing class, be a mentor to a youth in Coming of Age, chaperone a youth sleepover… the sky is the limit! We especially need folks who do not currently have kids at home to sign up. There will be sign ups at the picnic on Sunday and a link will follow for online signups.
2) Register your child(ren) for Religious Exploration classes for the coming year. It helps us greatly in planning the number of adults needed as well as which space we’ll use if you sign up early. Look for the RE table at the picnic on Sunday and get those kids signed up for another year of spiritual exploration, fun and fellowship!
3) Be sure you have submitted your financial commitment for the coming fiscal year – which begins July 1. No gift is too big! Or too small!
4) Communicate with the church office early and often about your committee or group’s plans and needs for the coming year, especially important dates that should go on the church calendar – events you want to schedule, meeting dates and times, and big plans you might need office support to carry out. Miriam Febres will be gathering this information: email@example.com
5) Attend worship and stay connected with your First Parish community over the summer! Sign up to get involved in new projects and initiatives in the fall, and keep up the work of making this community strong and vibrant.
Sunday, June 15, 2014
RE classes will resume in mid-September.
All children are welcome to attend the service in the Meetinghouse.
News and Announcements
We will continue to publish the weekly Link all summer. So even if you are away, you will know what is happening at First Parish. If you have a church related announcement to contribute, please email the office no later than Tuesday at 5 pm.
- Parisa will be preaching June 15 & 22 in the Meetinghouse
- June 22 5 – 7 pm Celebrating Parisa
- June 25-29 UUA General Assembly Providence, RI
- June 29 Summer services begin in the Parish Hall
Reminder – The First Parish fiscal year ends June 30, 2014. Please submit any outstanding pledge amounts due as soon as possible.
Summer Solstice in the Parish Hall
Saturday, June 14th at 7:00pm
The heat makes the earth shimmer under our feet, and the rain steams as it hits the ground. The hot breath of the sun fills our lungs; and the fertile smells of blossom, decay and growth are the bouquet of life.
All are welcome to join the FP Great Blue Hill CUUPS* (formerly known as the Earth-Centered Spirituality Group) as we celebrate the Summer Solstice in the Parish Hall on Saturday, June 14th at 7:00pm (Yes it’s a week early).We share a pot-luck feast after ritual. Questions? Contact Mark Whall at 617 282 4075.
*Covenant of Unitarian Univeralist Pagans, the national UU organization, to which our ECSG has submitted an application for a FP chapter
Wednesdays evenings and Sunday mornings
Meditation continues every Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm-7:30pm as well as Sunday from 9:00am-9:30am both meet in the Children’s Church. All are welcome to join us and enjoy some peaceful, restful quiet.
Key Returns – Please return your key to either Miriam or me if you no longer need it. You may also place it in the gray box outside the office or mail it back. This generally applies to those committee chairs who have just finished their term. If you were issued a key at some point, please check your key ring to make sure it made it back to the church office. Thank you.
Photographsrs wanted. Social media is all about photographs and graphics. We are looking to update our website this summer. Let Miriam or I know if you would be If you have pictures you want to share, please email Miriam.
We will continue to publish the weekly Link all summer. So even if you are away, you will know what is happening at First Parish.
Follow First Parish on Facebook! “Like” our page www.facebook.com/FirstParishMiltonUu and get updates, poems, announcements and more. You’ll be glad you did!
Worship, 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
Silent Prayer & Meditation, 9:00am in the Children’s Church
THE SUNDAY PLANNER
Please consider volunteering for important Sunday worship positions like ushering, hosting social hour, providing flowers for worship, and lighting the chalice. The link to SignUp Genius is: