This Week in Worship
December 11, 2016 Meetinghouse @ 10:30 am
December Worship Theme: Legacy
Message from Rev. Lisa
After the service on “Hope Fuels The Vision” last Sunday, several resident theologians asked that I share the affirmation I mentioned. This is one of several that I have created for myself to strengthen my hope muscles and level me into any day or situation. It is important that we each find ways to ground ourselves when unsteady, assuring ourselves of the help and strength available. It is best to develop these tools before they are needed, though often the challenge of a time brings forth ways of abiding.
I open my heart to this day
To the beauty before me,
The love within me,
The life around me.
I choose joy in harmony of being
And to thrive for the good of the whole.
I ask all help available to assist me
In arriving fully to this day.
Director of Religious Education
- Nursery care will be available during the service for infants and toddlers.
- On December 11 preschool children through grade 7 will attend the first part of the worship service in the Meetinghouse and then move downstairs to their classrooms.
- Preschool through grade 1: Spirit Play in the Preschool classroom
Grades 2 through 5: Spirited Adventure in the Activity Room
Grades 6 and 7: Friends and Neighbors in the Primary classroom
- Our Whole Lives class (grades 8 and 9, parental permission required) will be
meeting from 10:30 am to noon in the Children’s Church.
- Youth Chat will meet from 10:30 to 11:30 am in the Youth room upstairs. Youth Group will not meet this week.
News and Announcements
The 2016 Christmas Pageant is in the Making!
Anyone interested in participating — any age — please contact Becky Stiles.
There are plenty of parts, both speaking and non-speaking. We have at two rehearsals after church on two Sundays, the 11th and 18th, from 12 – 2 in the Meetinghouse – and we can split up the rehearsals to focus on sections, so you may only have one rehearsal.
Come, let’s tell a sacred story together!
Holiday Gift Project – Milton Resident’s Fund
All UNWRAPPED gifts/gift cards need to be dropped of this Sunday December 11th. Questions? Please contact Beth Gray-Nix at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in participating in the Women’s March on January 21, 2017 as part of a First Parish Milton group?
Here is the Survey Monkey link:
Please complete no later than Sunday, December 11, 2016
Lost and Found!
- Did you take the wrong jacket home last Sunday, December 4? A new men’s North Face zip-up jacket size small, color black has gone missing. Please contact Elise Henricks and/or bring the jacket back this Sunday. Thanks.
- Did you borrow our extension ladder that resides on the side of the building next to the office? Please let Kiki know when you will be returning it.
- Have you found a set a keys at church and forgot to turn them into the office? The only identifier is a Milton Public Library tag. If you have them bring them to church or email the office that you have them.
Saturday, December 10th
We’ll volunteer with Fair Foods – an organization that reclaims surplus health foods and provides it to people in need through out Boston. We will meet at Church at 10 a.m. to travel to the Unitarian Universalist Urban Ministry in Roxbury, or you can meet us there at 10:30 a.m.
Volunteer for an hour or two or with whatever time you can spare. Contact Tony Dutzik at email@example.com for details.
From our December 4th Social Hour Hosts
First First Parish Shared Social Hour — Hearty, happy thank-yous go out to the many who contributed foods: goodies and goat cheese to guacamole. And if you couldn’t/didn’t, NO WORRIES, there will be future opportunities to share if/when able.
Our bookkeeper will be away from mid-December until after Christmas. If you need to have an expense paid before the end of the year, please submit your request to the office by December 13.
Office Schedule during Christmas week. The office will close on Thursday, December 22 at 3pm and reopen on Tuesday, December 27 at 10 am. Our office is closed on Fridays.
Can you help host a low key social hour?
There will be Christmas Day and New Year’s Day Sunday worship this year. Rev. Lisa and the staff thought it would be nice to have some low key social hour after each service. We will stock the fridge with cold drinks (likely cider and eggnog) and some cookies. We are looking for a couple of individuals or maybe a family to host this informal gathering. Please email me if you are interested in providing a special service to the congregation.
Follow First Parish on Facebook and get updates, poems, announcements and more. You’ll be glad you did!
Worship, 10:30am in the Meetinghouse
Silent Prayer & Meditation, 9:00am in the Children’s Church
THE SUNDAY PLANNER
Please consider volunteering for important Sunday worship positions like ushering, hosting social hour, providing flowers for worship, and lighting the chalice. Sign Up Here!
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
- Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 3 pm
- Other times by appointment
MINISTER OFFICE HOURS
- Tuesday – Thurday 10:00 am – 3 pm
- Other times by appointment
The Church office is closed on Fridays.